Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, Robert Lewandowski, Jamal Musiala and Alphonso Davies

Bayern’s Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, Robert Lewandowski, Jamal Musiala and Alphonso Davies , from left, celebrate their third goal during the German Bundesliga soccer match between Arminia Bielefeld and Bayern Munich in Bielefeld, Germany, Sunday, April 17, 2022. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner)

  • It’s Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund in the EPL on Saturday, April 23 at 3:00 pm ET
  • A win for the Bavarians will see them clinch their 31st Bundesliga title
  • We preview the game, look at the Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund odds, and offer some picks below

It’s Der Klassiker, Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund, at the Allianz Arena on Saturday, April 23 at 12:30 pm ET in the Bundesliga. With just four games to go in the German domestic season and with Bayern leading the table by nine points, a win for the hosts will see them clinch their tenth successive league title and their 31st overall.

We preview Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund and offer below the best picks for this massive Bundesliga clash.

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Odds

Matchup Moneyline
Bayern Munich -265
Borussia Dortmund +600
Draw +440

Odds as of April 22 at Barstool Sportsbook

The bookies have Bayern listed as big favorites in the Bundesliga odds at -265, which comes with a 69% implied probability of a win, compared to BVB’s +600 with an implied probability of 14%. The draw also offers an impressive return at +445, with an implied probability of 17%.

Over/Under and Spread

Over 3.5 goals is listed at -157, a fair price given that these two have scored 165 goals between them this season.  On that same basis, the over 4.5 goals in plus money at +148 is interesting.

If you’re new to this sport and want to know how to bet on soccer then our page offers help on how to bet on this game and others like it.

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction

Bayern’s 3-0 victory over lowly Arminia Bielefeld last weekend has put them within touching distance of their tenth successive Bundesliga title. It took them nine points clear with four games to go, so a win over BVB on Saturday will be enough for them to lift the trophy for the 31st time.

While their form may have dipped in recent weeks, including a surprise exit from the Champions League at the hands of Villarreal, the hard yards in the Bundesliga race have already been run and even if they don’t get the job done against Dortmund, it remains a question of when not if.

Bayern’s Recent Wobble

Despite their current wobble, Bayern comes into this game with supreme confidence as their recent form against BVB has been outstanding. Although regarded as Germany’s ‘big two’,  it’s been three seasons since the Bavarians lost to the Dortmund club and five since they have been beaten by them in the Allianz Arena.

Julian Nagelsmann’s men have only the Bundesliga trophy left to compete for this season and so there will be no excuses if they are unable to get the job done at the first possible opportunity. With BVB all but assured second place and a place in next season’s Champions League, the greater incentive here is Bayern’s.

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Head-to-Head Stats

23-3-4 Bundesliga record 2021-22 20-3-7
89 / 29 Goals for / Goals against 76 / 43
60% Average possession 57%
87.2% Pass accuracy 85.9%
20.3 Average shots per game 13.6
D-D-W-W-W-W Bundesliga form guide W-W-D-L-W-W

BVB to Avoid an Eighth Consecutive Defeat?

Dortmund, while virtually guaranteed second place in the Bundesliga, will be keen to avoid defeat as another one would be their eighth on the spin against their great rivals. Despite, as mentioned above, these two being regarded as Germany’s two biggest clubs, it’s a rivalry that in recent seasons has been very one-sided.

In a painful run of results for BVB, despite having the likes of Erling Haaland in their ranks, they have been on the receiving end of 5-0 (2019) and 6-0 (2018) thrashings over the last few seasons, and so Saturday will be partly about trying to stop the rot. They have conceded three or more in each of their last five games with Bayern.

Dortmund’s Struggling Defense

On the plus side, BVB comes into this game off the back of a thumping 6-1 home win over Wolfsburg, so they should be buoyant. But where manager Marco Rose needs his side to improve in order to get something from this game is in defense. Despite being second in the table they have only the sixth-best goals-against record – not good enough for a team with title aspirations.

So, the key to this will be how well Dortmund’s defense can handle Bayern’s free-scoring attack. If they can do so successfully, then they do have the firepower to hurt Bayern, but it’s a big if.

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Team Lineups and Injuries

Bayern Munich Projected Lineup: Neuer, Pavard, Upamecano, Hernandez, Davies, Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Muller, Sabitzer, Lewandowski.

Bayern Munich Injuries: Tolisso, Sarr, Richards.

Borussia Dortmund Projected Lineup: Hitz, Pongracic, Akanji, Zagadou, Wolf, Bellingham, Can, Rothe, Brandt, Reus, Haaland.

Borussia Dortmund Injuries: Kobel, Hummels, Dahoud, Meunier, Morey, Schmeizer, Reyna, Tigges, Witsel.

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund Picks

BVB’s long injury list makes this a very difficult game for them, with defensive kingpin Mats Hummels being a particularly painful loss. Much rests on the shoulders of Haaland but he alone cannot win this game.

Despite Bayern’s recent wobble, their incentive here is massive and I see it being a comfortable win, one that includes a goal or two from Robert Lewandowski.

Pick: Bayern Munich to win 3-1 (+850) / Lewandowski to score (+200)





Source link