Premier League Matchday 27

Tottenham’s Harry Kane, left, celebrates with Tottenham’s Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg after scoring his side’s second goal during the English Premier League soccer match between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur, at the Etihad stadium in Manchester, England, Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022. (AP Photo/Jon Super)

  • It’s Tottenham vs Arsenal in the EPL on Thursday, May 12at 2:45 pm ET
  • Arsenal currently holds the crucial fourth Champions League qualifying spot
  • We preview the game, look at the Tottenham vs Arsenal odds, and offer some picks below

It is Tottenham vs Arsenal in the North London Derby on Thursday, May 12at 2:45 pm ET. Mikel Arteta’s Gunners are currently in fourth – one place and four points ahead of Spurs – and a win here will guarantee them that lucrative fourth Champions League spot. For Spurs, a win would keep alive their hopes of claiming fourth place.

We preview Tottenham vs Arsenal and offer below the best picks for this massive EPL  clash.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Odds

Matchup Moneyline
Tottenham Hotspur +112
Arsenal +235
Draw +265

Odds as of May 12  at Barstool Sportsbook

The bookies have Tottenham listed as narrow favorites in the EPL odds at +112, which comes with a 45% implied win probability, compared to Arsenal’s +235 with an implied probability of 29%. The draw offers the highest return at +265, with an implied probability of 26% – worth noting given how well matched these two teams are.

Over/Under and Spread

They list over 2.5 goals at a short -141, not unreasonable given how free-scoring Spurs have been of late, but on that same basis, the +180 on offer for over 3.5 goals comes into play.

If you’re new to this sport and want to know how to bet on soccer then our page offers help on how to bet on this game and others like it.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Prediction

This clash was originally planned for January but was canceled due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Arsenal camp. The fact it’s being played now – with three games to go and the pair locked in battle for the fourth Champions League place – has added to the drama of what is always a massive event.

With just four points and one place separating these two bitter rivals, Spurs’ good form coming into this game gives them a genuine chance of closing the gap to one. And with them having (on paper at least) the two easier final games, Antonio Conte’s men are still in with a genuine shout of landing that final Champions League slot.

Son and Kane the EPL’s Most In-form Duo

In what has been an up-and-down season for Tottenham, their top-four chances looked to have faded when in consecutive weeks in April they lost at home to Brighton and then drew at Brentford, but were resurrected by a fine 3-1 home win over Leicester and then an even more outstanding 1-1 draw at Anfield – one that threw the EPL title race wide open.

Spurs’ coach Antonio Conte has a poor record against Arsenal – just one win in eight – and will be acutely aware that his team has managed just one clean sheet in their last seven EPL games, but will also know that in Harry Kane and Son Heing-min he possesses arguably the most lethal and in-form striking duo in the EPL.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Head-to-Head Stats

19-5-11 EPL record in 2021-22 21-3-11
60-40 Goals for – Goals against 56-42
495.51 Passes per match 482.86
85% Pass accuracy 83%
12.43 Average shots per game 15.51
W-W-L-D-W-D EPL form guide L-L-W-W-W-W

The Biggest North London Derby in Years

The chance of securing Champions League soccer on the patch of their greatest rivals is already a massive incentive for the Gooners, but to do so at Spurs’ expense would be in fairytale territory. That’s why many are labeling this the biggest North London derby in years.

Mikel Arteta’s men are just 90 minutes away from achieving that dream, with a win opening up the gap between them and Spurs to seven with two to play. They have put themselves in this position with a run of four consecutive wins, which includes victories over Chelsea and Manchester United, and so they head to Tottenham in great form.

Spurs Unbeaten in Six Against Gunners at Home

Even if they lose, Arteta’s men will still hold a one-point advantage but, as mentioned earlier, with games against Newcastle and Everton to come they will want to get the job done as soon as possible because Spurs’ two remaining games are against lowly Burnley and already-relegated Norwich.

Arsenal won 3-1 in the reverse fixture back in September but Spurs have a great record in this game on their own turf and are unbeaten in six against the Gunners at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Team Lineups and Injuries

Tottenham Projected Lineup: Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Emerson, Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Sessegnon, Kulusevski, Kane, Son.

Tottenham Injuries: Reguilon, Tanganga, Skipp, Doherty.

Arsenal Projected Lineup: Ramsdale, Soares, Holding, Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Xhaka, Elneny, Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Nketiah.

Arsenal Injuries: Partey, Kierney.

Tottenham vs Arsenal Picks

Spurs are in good form coming into this and know this is a must-win if they are to have a chance of making top-four. So their incentive is huge and this, coupled with their brilliant home form in this fixture, points to the value being with the home win.

Picks: Tottenham to win (+112) / Over 3.5 goals (+180)

Author Image

Sports Writer


Source link